Monthly Archives: June 2010

WordPress 3.0 is finally here!

With my daily browsing of WordPress news, I noticed a very exciting headline: WordPress 3.0 “Thelonious”. That’s right, WordPress 3.0 has finally been released!

If you are active on the WordPress Trac, you might have noticed that I have contributed many patches toward the development of WordPress 3.0, for both bug-fixes and feature implementations. So, I was even more thrilled to find my name under the list of “Contributors” to WordPress 3.0!

What does WordPress 3.0 mean to you in terms of working with me?

The main thing it means is more for less. WordPress 3.0 offers a multitude of new features for developers that makes our lives easier. So, easier means faster. Faster means cheaper. Cheaper means more money for you!

So, take advantage of this great news and get your project off the ground today — for less — by hiring me.

Theme My Login 5.1.4

It looks like I forgot one minor (yet major) thing with the previous update. When fixing ‘the_title’ filter for per-3.0 WP versions, I forgot to add the post status to the SQL query. Therefore, the query would pull up revisions and not retrieve the proper ID for the page. Also, when certain plugins were loaded and called site_url() or admin_url() before ‘init’, this caused a “function not defined” error for is_user_logged_in(). Both of these issues are addressed in this release.

Download

Theme My Login 5.1.4

Changelog

  • Fix the_title() bug fro WP versions before 3.0 (again)
  • Fix undefined is_user_logged_in() bug

Theme My Login 5.1.3

Yet another bug found (kind of). The “Themed Profiles” module was an after-thought of version 5.0 and I actually released it before I finished it. Somehow, I never got around to finishing it. I guess I was too busy with paid work. Anyhow, this issue has been resolved in this release.

Download

Theme My Login 5.1.3

Changelog

  • Make Themed Profiles work properly

Theme My Login 5.1.2

So, it seems that the last update to Theme My Login (5.1.1) created a new bug. The redirection bug I fixed created another redirection bug. I forget the exact details of what was happening but it is resolved now. Also, I didn’t realize that WP versions pre-3.0 don’t have the post ID passed into ‘the_title’ filter. So, I properly accommodated for that with this release.

Download

Theme My Login 5.1.2

Changelog

  • Fix the_title() bug for WP versions before 3.0
  • Fix redirection bug caused by 5.1.1 update

Theme My Login 5.1.1

Theme My Login 5.1.1 has been released to address two issues that were brought to my attention recently. One of the issues was a pretty major one that could cause one to be completely locked out of their site once logged in. This was caused by the login action being performed on every single page of the site. Also, the proper page title wasn’t displaying correctly because the method I use to determine if that page is the login page relies on a filter argument that isn’t available until WordPress 3.0. That has been fixed as well.

Download

Theme My Login 5.1.1

Changelog

  • Fix bug that blocked users from entire site once logged in
  • PROPERLY display “Log Out” when page is shown in pagelist and logged in