The day has finally come. The long awaited, highly anticipated Theme My Login 6.0 has finally been released!
Theme My Login 6.0
- Complete code rewrite
- Users can now log in with e-mail address as well as username
- Remove option to disable template tag and widget in favor of always being enabled
- Remove option to rewrite login links in favor of always being rewritten
- Custom templates can now be defined per action (login, register, etc.)
- User moderation activation e-mails can be resent on demand
- Add various new hooks to help with custom integration with other plugins
- Make custom user links sortable
- Customize every aspect of every e-mail
- Add a cool new random tip widget in the TML admin
- Use WP 3.0 functions (such as ‘network_site_url’) if available
- phpDoc everywhere!
The first release candidate (RC1) for Theme My Login 6.0 is now available. If you don’t know what an RC is, it comes after beta and before the final launch. It means that I believe that everything is ready to go, I just want to make sure. There are hundreds, if not thousands, of TML users who all have different setups, so it’s very possible that I’ve missed something. If you’re feeling adventurous or just want to contribute toward the development of open-source software, please download the RC and test it out!
Download Theme My Login 6.0 RC1
A maintenance release of Theme My Profile has been warranted since the release of 1.3. I have finally got around to doing so. Theme My Profile 1.3.1 fixes an undefined function fatal error as well as various other things. This is a highly recommended update.
- Fix “Call to undefined function …” error message for is_user_logged_in()
- Add Theme_My_Profile::is_profile_page() function
- Add Theme_My_Profile::get_profile_page_link() function
- Various code optimization, standardization and clean-up
Finally, I have fixed the long-standing spaced user login bug. Prior to 5.1.6, users who used a space couldn’t retrieve their password, among other things. This issue should not be resolved. This is a recommended update.
- Fix issue with spaces in usernames